Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
Homer Fenner and Eva French
[b 14 Apr. 1905 at Batavia Twp., Branch Co., MI; d 8 Sept. 1981] When Homer was nine, his mother died of tuberculosis, and when he was twelve, his father died of pneumonia. He then went to live with Mr. & Mrs. Ed F. Abel in Coldwater, MI. Incidentally, Homer’s grandmother Irene Olmstead had raised Mrs. Abel’s father, Charles Pierce, from the age of nine years.
Homer Collins Fenner m Eva May French [b 10 Jan. 1907 at Union Twp, Branch Co., MI; d 15 Sept. 1999] on 25 June 1927 at the home of her grandparents, Mr. & Mrs. Elbert E. French, in Matteson Twp., Branch Co., MI. She was the daughter of Perry Lee French and Ina Viola Sellwood. Both Homer and Eva were employed by the Kalamazoo Vegetable Parchment Company in Parchment, MI, and they resided nearby. Together they lived in Parchment from 1926 to 1928, in Union City, MI, from 1928 to 1932, in Bronson, MI from 1932 to 1941, in Colon, MI from Sept. 1946 to Oct., 1972, and in Punta Gorda, FL until Homer died in 1981. Eva then moved back to Colon, MI. Eva, the original author of this genealogy, spent over thirty years researching and communicating with Fenners across the country.
1. Richard Corydon [b 26 Dec. 1928; d 25 Oct. 2005] m Lottie Gruszczynski.
2. Glea Joyce [b 18 July 1930] m Melvin Seitler.
3. Carol Blythe [b 31 Dec. 1932] m Jack German.
4. Marilyn Jean [b 19 Mar. 1935] m Alvin Shaw.
5. Duane Collins [b 19 June 1937; d 24 Nov. 2014] m Bessie Pesti.
6. Shirley Ann [b 10 June 1940] m Charles Draime.
7. Homer Darwin [b 6 May 1944] married four times.
8. Roger Allan [b 6 Nov. 1951] m Patty Seafert.