Descendants of George Fenner
John Bernard Fenner
[b 2 Dec. 1884 at Franklin, PA; d 26 Oct. 1957 at Dayton, WA] John m Martha Charlotte Carr [b 30 Aug. 1889; d 30 Dec. 1981] on 17 Aug. 1912. Martha was the daughter of Orin B. Carr and Lydia Carpenter, who was a direct descendant of Alice Carpenter and Gov. William Bradford of MA. John is also a descendant of Gov. Bradford through his mother's lineage. This means that John and Martha are distant (probably eighth) cousins. John had a floor-finishing business that was very successful before the Great Depression.
- Nelda Evelyn [b 13 Oct. 1913; d 15 June 1985] m James Howard Wood.
- Rev. Melvin Reid [b 18 July 1915 at New York City; d 2 June 2001 at Phoenix, AZ] m Mary Alice Hall.
- Beatrice Mae [b 12 Mar. 1917 at NYC] m Raymond C. MacIntyre, had Richard E. MacIntyre and Terry Holobaugh (adopted/foster child), 1952.
- Donna Eleanor [b 5 Aug. 1920 at NYC].
- Stella Katherine [b 17 Mar. 1923 at NYC] m Robert Cowan, had Marilyn [b 8 Feb. 1945] and Diana [b 6 Apr. 1950].
1. Eva Fenner, Notes, 144. Letter to Eva Fenner from Carolyn Wood, 23 Mar. 1957.
2. Eva Fenner, Notes, 178. In a letter to Eva Fenner from Carolyn Wood, 28 Dec. 1957, Carolyn gives John’s date of death as
Oct. 25. She is John’s grandaughter.
3. Jim Fenner, Fenner-Broughton Family History, 129. Jim gives John’s date of death as Oct. 26. Possible sources are letters from his wife and his
4. Email from Richard Arthur Fenner, 28 Jan. 2009
5. John's memorial at FindaGrave.com, no. 58792739