Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
[b 8 May 1795 at Westerly, RI; d 15 Apr. 1877 at Alfred, NY] Isaac Fenner m 1st Amelia Potter [b 4 Apr. 1799; d 1 Dec. 1872] of Potter Hill, Rhode Island, on 10 Feb. 1820. He m 2nd Esther Holmes Handy in 1870.
In Alfred, N. Y., April 15th, 1877, Isaac Fenner, aged 81 years, 11 months, and 7 days. He was born near Providence, R. I., of English parentage. At the age of twenty-four, came with his father to Herkimer county, where, after stopping a few days, he came on to Alfred and spent the Summer. The next February he was married to Amelia, daughter of Col. Nathan Potter, of Potter Hill, R. I., and with her, the next October, moved to Herkimer, where they lived five years, and then came to Allegany to spend the rest of their lives. Here, for more than half a century, his life has been one of unusual activity, not only in his own business, but in all public measures for the good of the society. Among those who helped to build up Alfred Academy, his name will be cherished and his oft repeated assistance duly remembered.
Together with his wife he joined the 1st Alfred church, of which they remained members till, moving in 1869 to near the 2d Alfred, they brought letters and cast in their lot with us. Soon, the hand of death was laid upon them, and a devoted wife was taken from her earthly labors to her heavenly rest. After traveling alone, another was called, who has tenderly cared for him in his old age, and now, with the children, mourn their irreparable loss. Thus through more than four score years the good hand of the Lord led him on, so that he could say, in the language of David, "God is my helper."
—The Sabbath Recorder, vol. 33, no. 17 (26 Apr. 1877), p. 3.
1. Henry [b 26 Sept. 1821; d 2 Mar. 1832].
2. William [b 2 Apr. 1823; d at Auburn, NY] m Georgianna Boyd on 24 Dec. 1852; no children.
3. Susan [b 22 Nov. 1824; d 25 Sept. 1901] m Joseph Smith.
4. Eliza [b 24 Nov. 1826; d 24 May 1830].
5. Lucy Ardelia [b 2 Mar. 1828; d 14 May 1830].
6. Asa Albert [b 5 Aug. 1829; d 14 Mar. 1832].
7. Andrew Jackson [b 29 Feb. 1832; d 26 Sept. 1911]. Married twice.
8. Elisha Potter [b 31 July 1834; d 31 Dec. 1919] m 1st Elizabeth Hall; m 2nd Harriet Smith.
9. Adelia Miranda [b 11 May 1836; d 12 July 1907] m Chauncey Isham.
10. Lucinda [b 16 July 1838; d 3 Mar. 1906] m Darius Davis.
11. Edward [b 16 Jan. 1840; d 6 Aug. 1841].