Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
George Griffith Fenner
[b 29 Dec. 1873; d 15 Aug. 1957] George Griffith Fenner m Bertha Mary Smith [b 1 Mar. 1880; d 1 Aug. 1964], daughter of John Smith and Martha J.S. Skillen, on 9 Nov. 1898.
[Bertha] was a wonderful woman of great Christian faith. . . . [She] was not a very demonstrative woman . . . she was witty and always seemed to be happy in her love for Jesus Christ and [her grandchildren]. . . . George was an entrepreneur. Probably not a good one, as most of his business ventures failed; theatres, candy stores, and milliner shops. In his later years he was a supervisor of the painting department at Delco Products of Dayton, Ohio. He was a skilled painter and artist. . . . [He] invented the smoke scrubbers at that plant. His grandchildren were never left empty-handed . . .; [he] was a great candy maker, maker of slingshots, rubber guns, and toy lead soldiers.
1. William Cyril [b 12 July 1905; d 5 Aug. 1965] m 1st Ethel Creeta Hoover, m 2nd Mildred Woe.
2. Charles Stanley [b 31 Aug. 1907; d 24 Feb. 1908].
3. Verona Olymera [b 25 May 1909; d 4 Mar. 1988].
4. George Harrison [b 22 Feb. 1911; d 6 Aug. 1988].
5. James Smith [b 2 Aug. 1915; d 4 Aug. 1977].