Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
Asahel Fenner & Rhobe Sarle
[b 8 Nov. 1737 at Providence (Cranston), RI; d 5 May 1777] Asahel lived near Fenner Castle and the Major Thomas Fenner home and did not leave Rhode Island with the rest of his family when they migrated to New York. Asahel Fenner m Rhobe Sarle, daughter of Thomas and Penelope S(e)arle, 20 Aug. 1759 at Cranston, RI.
1. Jeremiah [b 9 Nov. 1761 at Providence, RI; d 8 Dec. 1830].
2. Phebe [b ca. 1761; d 26 June 1809, age 48].
3. Penelope [b ca.1764; d 3 May 1848 in her 85th yr.] m Thomas Williams 1758; d 11 Dec. 1829 in his 72nd yr.] on 19 Dec. 1782. Penelope was buried in the Grace Christian Cemetery in Providence, RI, then moved to Swan Point.
4. Joseph [b ca. 1767; d 31 Mar. 1835, age 67] married twice.
5. James L. [b 21 May 1777; d 16 Jan. 1851] m Betsy Perry.
a. Rick Buckingham, Genealogy, 3.
b. Lucinda Fenner, History of the Fenner Family (1908).
c. Emails from Richard Arthur Fenner to Chris Fenner, 14 Aug. 2003, 19 July 2018.
d. Eva Fenner, Notes, 580; historical background of the Fenner family, unknown origin. Name spelled Asabel.
e. Martha Benns, Notes on the Fenner Family of R.I. (1941), p. 16. Martha shows Thomas as also being married to another Fenner named Penelope, daughter of William Fenner and Christian Arnold.
f. G.P. Root, Genealogy of the Fenner Family (Rhode Island, 1887), p. 36.