Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
[b 13 July 1767 at Johnston, RI; d 9 June 1839 at Onondaga, NY] Capt. Turner Fenner m 1st Mary Field [b 23 May 1773; d 12 March 1816 age 43 at Onandaga, NY] ca. 1789 in Cranston, RI. Mary was the daughter of William Field. Turner Fenner built the first sawmill on the west branch of Onondaga creek, in what is now Onondaga, in 1793. He was one of the first settlers in Onondaga County. He also kept a hotel at Budlong Corners. Turner m 2nd Rheua Hickok [b 18 July 1778; d 26 Sept. 1839, age 61 yrs., 2 mos., 8 days] on 16 Oct. 1816 in NYC. Turner was in the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. Turner, Mary, and Rheua are buried in the South Onondaga Cemetery.
Children by Turner & Mary:
- Martha [b ca. 1790 at Cranston, RI; d 25 July 1865 at Onondaga Co., NY] m Levi Clark [b ca. 1786 Cranston, Providence, Rhode Island] and had at least two children, Dr. George T. Clark and John S. Clark [1828-1865].
- Elizabeth [b 13 Apr. 1792; d 22 Apr. 1838] m Jonathan Whitney Williams on 18 May 1812.
- Sarah [b 11 April 1795 at Cranston, Providence, RI; d 4 April 1883 at York, Carroll Co., IL] m Augustus Leavens [b June 1794 at Farmington, CT; d 25 Feb. 1862 at Thomson, Carroll Co., IL] on 7 May 1814 in Onondaga Co. NY.
- Thomas [b 18 Nov. 1798 at South Onondaga, NY] m Aurelia Case.
- Turner [b 1800; d after 1880 in MI] m 1st Mary Ann —; m 2nd Diana —. He and Mary Ann had Edgar [b 1835] and Harriet [b 1836], who m 1st — Limbarker and m 2nd Whiting Cleveland. In 1880, Harriet and Whiting lived in Tecumseh, MI.
- William F. [b 27 Jan. 1803; d 20 Dec. 1891] m Emily Amesbury.
- George [b 1805; d after 1879] m Matilda — ca. 1830. They had Oren G. [b ca. 1843], who m Lucy — [b ca. 1852], moved to Cedar Creek, DE, and had Addie and Nora [both b ca. 1872].
- Abbott [b 14 Dec. 1807; d 20 Dec. 1881] m Elmina Bradley ca. 1827.