Descendants of George Fenner
George Edward Fenner
[b 10 May 1829 at Newport, NY; d 7 Mar. 1885, aged 55 yrs., 10 mos.] On 15 Jan. 1851, in East Aurora, Erie, NY, George Fenner m Ruth Tryphena Slocum [b 18 Oct. 1832 in NY; d 9 Mar. 1891 in East Aurora, Erie, NY]. After George returned to Newport, NY from Aurora in 1858, he became one of three in charge of building the old Newport School. He bought the Fenner farm from Nathan Bowen on 17 Jan. 1866, but it was sold again to Newell Morey in 1881. This farm was located at the intersection of Bridge and West street. George and Ruth are buried in the First Baptist Cemetery, Newport, Herkimer, NY.
- Everad Dean [b 22 Aug. 1853 at Newport, NY; d 27 Dec. 1938] m Anna Morey.
- William Hiram [b 21 Feb. 1858 at Newport, NY; d 23 Dec. 1934] married twice.
- Marie [b 27 Oct. 1862 at Newport; d 30 Dec. 1956 at Santa Rosa, CA] unmarried.
- Mary Elizabeth [b 13 May 1869; d 6 July 1944] m John Knight [1871-1955], adopted Althea Jane [b 11 Aug. 1914 at Wash. D.C.; d 17 July 2002 at Palm Beach County, FL] m Brenton Nutter [1911-1970].
- John George [b 29 Mar. 1871; d 6 Aug. 1928] m Jennie Moore.