Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
Lydia Fenner & Job Angell
[b ca. 1720; d 23 Jan. 1806 in her 76th yr.] Lydia Fenner m Job Angell [b 1718; d March 1795 in his 77th yr.].
1. Job [b ca. 1750 in Providence (became Johnston in 1759); d 1838 at Plainfield, Windham, CT].
2. Daniel [b ca. 1752 in Providence (Johnston); d 1847].
3. Joseph [b ca. 1753 in Providence (Johnston); d 8 Nov 1753 in Providence (Johnston)]. Buried RI SM027 Angell Lot, Smithfield, Providence, RI.
4. Fenner [b 25 June 1757 in Providence (Johnston); d 5 Nov. 1851 at Providence, RI] In 1777 at Providence he m 1st Sarah Sprague [b 24 Nov. 1761 at Smithfield, Providence, RI; d 1820 at Providence, RI]; m 2nd Amey Johnston in 1820. Fenner is buried in lot RI PV001, North Burial Ground, Providence, RI. He served in the Revolutionay War and owned a tavern at the corner of Orms and Davis. He had Elizabeth T. Angell, who had George Metcalf Daniels, from Providence (Nat. Reg. Sons of American Revolution).
5. Abigail [b ca. 1758 at Providence (Johnston)] m Richard Lee [b ca. 1753 at Providence, RI].
6. Joseph [b 1759 at Johnston, Providence, RI; d btw 1840-1847] m Abiah Brown.
7. Lydia [b 1761 at Johnston, Providence RI; d 17 Oct. 1796 at Glocester, Providence, RI] in 1793 m Darling Medbury [b. 17 Nov 1761, Smithfield, Providence RI; d 1850 at Glocester, Providence, RI].
8. John [b ca. 1764 at Johnston, Providence, RI; d 3 May 1850 at Smithfield, Providence, RI] m 1st Mercy Sprague [b 24 Feb. 1765; d 28 Nov. 1825]; m 2nd Ruth [b ca. 1772; d 23 Apr. 1788]. John and Ruth are buried in lot RI SM027, Angell Lot, Smithfield, Providence, RI. John served in the Revolutionary War. They had a son, Asahel.
9. Mercy [b 16 July 1768 at RI; d before 1810] m Nathan Cargill [b 16 Mar. 1768 at Cumberland, Providence, RI; d 2 Oct. 1852 at Lima, Livingston Co., NY].
10. Zelotta [b 11 Feb. 1766 at Johnston, RI ; d 11 Dec. 1800] m Benjamin Winsor [b 1765 at Johnston, RI; d 1 Oct. 1827] on 8 Jun 1794. Buried at RI JN047; cause of death: child birth complications.