Descendants of Captain Arthur Fenner
Jasper Alavester Fenner
[b 5 Dec. 1882; d 29 May 1956 in Coldwater, MI] Jasper Alavester Fenner went to Teachers College at Marion, Indiana with four of his cousins (Viola, Lena, Daisy, and Ella Fenner). He taught school at Bethel, Michigan, in 1900 and 1901. He entered the University of Michigan in September, 1903, and received his degree in 1906 as a pharmaceutical chemist. Jasper was a registered pharmacist. He m 1st Gertrude Blanche Conklin in Oct., 1906. Their daughter Prescilla was born in 1907 while he was a chemist for Park, Davis & Co., Detroit, Michigan. Gertrude died in 1908, when Prescilla was only 18 months old. He left the child with relatives at Coldwater, Michigan, and went on an around-the-world trip under contract with the American News Syndicate for a column a week, which was syndicated throughout the Eastern United States.
On 28 May 1914, Jasper m 2nd Ann Mildred Brill [d 25 Dec. 1981] of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and they immediately went to Japan, where they lived seven years. He had found a job with Wyeth Incorporated, a complete pharmaceutical, biological, and nutritional service, and he was transferred as a chemist from Philadelphia to Japan. After the Japanese Earthquake of 9 Sept. 1923 destroyed three drug stores in Japan, he returned to the United States and settled in Portland, Oregon. He was eventually asked to take over as a representative to India and Burma under a three year contract. From there he went to Sacramento, California, and was still a representative for them at the time of his death in 1956. Ann lived twenty-five more years, and died on Christmas Day in 1981.
Child by Gertrude Conklin:
1. Prescilla [b 3 Mar. 1908] m Clair Gallatin.
Children by Ann Brill:
2. Brill J. [b 5 May 1915; d Nov. 1983] m Donna Madson.
3. Joann [b 1917] m David Hays.
4. Peggy Ann [b 12 Oct. 1920]; twin of Jay, m Spencer Perkins.
5. Jay Alavester [b 12 Oct. 1920]; twin of Peggy, m Gwen Sawdey.
1. Jasper's memorial at FindAGrave.com, no. 29408081
2. Eva Fenner, Notes, 8. Correspondence dated 25 Nov. 1955, 10 Dec. 1955, 14 Jan. 1956, and 27 Jan. 1956.
3. Obituary of Jasper Fenner (PDF)